Minimum Wage Tools and Resources
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Minimum Wage and Overtime – Overview
- FLSA – Recordkeeping Requirements
- Employment Law Guide
- Minimum Wage and Overtime Pay – Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Questions and Answers about the Minimum Wage (FAQs)
- Minimum Wage Laws in the States (en Español)
- FLSA Handy Reference Guide | Spanish Version (PDF)
- Elaws FLSA Advisor
- Elaws Hours Worked Advisor
- The FLSA (PDF)
- Coverage under the FLSA (PDF)
- Hours worked under the FLSA (PDF)
- Youth Minimum Wage (PDF)
- Recordkeeping under the FLSA (PDF)
- Visits to Employers (PDF)
- Additional Fact Sheets
Minimum Wage Posters
- FLSA Federal Minimum Wage Poster
- New York State Minimum Wage Poster (PDF)
- Minimum Wage rates in the States.
- State Labor Offices — List of all states and their labor office contact information.
- State Occupational Safety and Health Plans — Links to states with Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) plans. Includes a state plan directory of contact information.
- Selected State Labor Laws — A comparison of federal and state laws regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), a list of links to tables comparing various state laws relative to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), including minimum wage and overtime rules, and links to state labor associations.
Employees: Need help keeping track of your hours? Try the DOL Timesheet App!
DOL Timesheet App – This is a timesheet to record the hours you work and calculate the amount you may be owed by your employer. Available in English and Spanish, you can track regular work hours, break time and any overtime hours for one or more employers.
No iPhone? No problem!
For workers without a smartphone, the Wage and Hour Division has a printable work hours calendar in English and Spanish to track rate of pay, work start and stop times, and arrival and departure times. The calendar also includes easy-to-understand information about workers’ rights and how to file a wage violation complaint.