- ACA Healthcare (“Obamacare”) Facts and Resources
- For more ACA information
- SHOP Marketplace Webinar Series
- Affordable Care Act 101 Webinars
- Minimum Wage
- IRS Daily Tax Tips
- Useful Links
ACA Healthcare (“Obamacare”) Facts and Resources
- A quick guide to the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Deadlines: You can enroll until February 15, 2015. After that, you can’t get 2015 coverage unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP): You can apply for Medicaid and CHIP any time of year. If you qualify, coverage can begin immediately.
- Most people must have health coverage or pay a fee. If you don’t have coverage in 2015, you’ll pay a penalty of either 2% of your income, or $325 per adult ($162.50 per child) — whichever is higher.
- Understand the 5 key terms health plans use: premium, deductible, copayment, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket maximum.
- See how to apply or renew/change plans.
- Learn More About the Affordable Care Act
- Employers: Businesses with 50 employees or fewer can offer The Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) plans. New for 2015: Apply online.
For more ACA information
The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is offering a webinar series for small business employers, agents, brokers and other interested stakeholders, about important changes in the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP). The webinar is every Tuesday, 2-3 PM ET from January 6 – February 24, 2015.
SBA and Small Business Majority will host free Affordable Care Act 101 webinars so small business owners can learn the basics of the Affordable Care Act and how they can enroll in health insurance marketplaces. Join us Thursdays at 2 PM ET.
The Minimum Wage increases in many states for 2015. Click on State Minimum Wage Laws for a clickable map that tells you what the minimum wage laws are in your state.
Many of the Poster Requirements have changed for 2015. Check with your state and the DOL for the new Poster Requirements for your business. Click here for Federal Poster Requirements
(including Minimum Wage, Job Safety and Health, OSHA, etc.).
IRS Daily Tax Tips
The Internal Revenue Service offers a daily series of Tax Tips.
These Tax Tips, as well as other IRS News Releases and Fact Sheets can be accessed directly from the IRS Website at www.irs.gov.