- Healthcare and Other Employee Benefits
- Survey: Employee Benefits in the United States
- Health Care Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid Sick Leave
- Healthcare FAQs
- Other Employee Benefits
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Obamacare (ACA) – www.HealthCare.gov
Healthcare and Other Employee Benefits
Health Care Benefits
Medical care benefits were available to 86 percent of full-time private industry workers (as of March 2014) versus 23 percent of part-time workers.
Employer-provided medical care was available to 86 percent of full-time private industry workers in the United States (in March 2014), according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). By contrast, only 23 percent of part-time workers had medical care benefits available.
Retirement benefits followed a similar pattern as medical care benefits. In private industry, 74 percent of full-time workers had access to a retirement plan, significantly higher than 37 percent of part-time workers. Retirement benefits were available to 50 percent of workers in small establishments and 82 percent of workers in medium and large establishments.
Paid Sick Leave
Paid sick leave was available to 74 percent of full- time private and 24 percent of part-time private workers. More…
- Am I eligible for COBRA?
- If I lose my job can I enroll in my spouse’s health plan immediately?
- Can I enroll my adult child in my health plan?
- How do I file a claim for my health or disability benefits?
- What do I need to know about health care reform?
Other Employee Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Retirement Savings
- Retirement Benefits
- Cafeteria Plans
- 401(K) Plans
- What is ERISA?
- Fringe Benefits and Executive Perks
- Employee Leave, Breaks and Vacations
- Break Time for Nursing Mothers
- Minimum Rest Period Requirements Under State Law for Adult Employees in Private Sector
- Minimum Length of Meal Period Required Under State Law for Adult Employees in Private Sector
Health & Wellness Resources
- American Medical Association (AMA) www.ama-assn.org
- Agency for Health Care Research and Quality www.ahcpr.gov
- Department of Health & Human Services www.hhs.gov
- HealthFinder guide to health information www.healthfinder.gov
- The Mayo Clinic www.mayohealth.org
- Medline from the National Library of Medicine www.nlm.nih.gov
- National Institutes of Health www.nih.gov
- Healthcentral.com www.healthcentral.com
- Kaiser Health News www.kaiserhealthnews.org
- Kaiser Family Foundation kff.org
Obamacare (ACA) – www.HealthCare.gov
- Health Insurance (Obamacare) FAQs
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- More Healthcare Reform FAQs
- Health Care Coverage through the Marketplace – HealthCare.gov
- Health Coverage and Your Taxes – IRS.gov/aca
- Consumer Assistance for Employees – Askebsa.dol.gov
- Health Insurance Information – HealthCare.gov
- Tax Benefits and Responsibilities – IRS.gov/aca
- Small Business Resources – SBA.gov/healthcare
- Labor Provisions – Dol.gov/ebsa/healthreform
- US Govt. Business Portal – Business.USA.gov/healthcare
- More on The Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
Note: On June 26, 2015, the Supreme Court issued a decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, holding that same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry in all states. As a result, more same-sex couples will be recognized as married for purposes of determining entitlement health, retirement and other benefits. Company Forms and Policies must be amended accordingly.